kopkop college principles
Kopkop College principles are made of the four components that are: College, College Vision, College Philosophy and the College Mission. These are the pillars on which the College exists. These set of principles are the foundation on which curricular and non-curricular activities are carried out. Everything we do must be focused towards driving these principles and must also be guided by these principles. Below are the elaborations of the points based on the presentation done.
Nihil Nisi Melius (Latin) in English – it means ALWAYS STRIVING TO DO BETTER
Strives to provide and promote learning environment for excellence through quality education, vigorous (active) learning in a progressive environment that promote family centered and traditional values.
- Kopkop College pursues or follows excellence in the provision or lies down of quality education in a vigorous or energetic progressive or development environment, which embodies or represents the most desirable or attractive family-centered or family gathering place and traditional or customary values or principles.
Creating and promoting an environment where:
You exactly know the results students will achieve.
- Kopkop College believes in working and producing children with predictable or expected results. Student learning is described in terms of learning outcomes and indicators and not in terms of objectives (we must work hard to achieve excellent results).
- Teachers are seen as managers of student-centered learning. Teachers plan, program, teach, assess and report student learning in terms of outcomes or results. An outcome is a specification or requirement or design of the skills, knowledge, applications and attitudes a student must develop and has developed.
This philosophy defines or described the Learning Culture of Kopkop College as:
- TokTok Wantaim – talks, discuss, co-operate, explore, construct;
- Tingim Bek – reflects, think critically, share, challenge, change
Thus, the teaching and learning activities planned and implemented must be child centered that reflects application of different skills their learning. Teacher must lead, guide and managing progress of the learning both inside and outside the classroom
- The Mission of the College is what it strives to create and promote through the implementations of different programs both curriculum and non-curriculum activities.
Kopkop College is:
* Committed to a traditional and disciplined family environment
- Kopkop College is characterized or distinguished by a concern for caring, respect, justice, and equal opportunity for all.
* Committed to a multi-cultural vision
- Kopkop College acknowledges, accepts and celebrates cultural diversity or variety of cultures, particularly those cultural diversities represented in the College community.
* Committed to excellence (or distinction or brilliance)
- Kopkop College is committed to help children attain the highest level of their personal potential academically, socially, physically and spiritually.
* Committed to community development
- Kopkop College aims to develop people who can make a contribution to community development. The secondary and primary curriculum builds upon the preparatory teaching and intensive learning which is undertaken in the early childhood, and primary schools.
* Committed to student welfare
Kopkop College provides students with a nutritious diet which enables them to sustain a high level of mental and physical energy in their learning
Our principles are the College Motto, Vision, Philosophy and Mission. These are the pillars on which the College exists. These set of principles are the foundation on which curricular and non-curricular activities are carried out. Everything we do is focused towards driving these principles and is also guided by these principles
‘Nihil Nisi Melius’ means ‘Always Striving to do Better’
We strive to provide and promote a learning environment for excellence through quality education and vigorous learning in a progressive environment that promote family centered traditional values.
We believe in working and producing our students with predictable results in a Learning Culture described as:
- Toktok Wantaim: talk, discuss, co-operate, explore, construct;
- Tingim Bek: reflect, think critically, share, challenge, change
Our mission is what we strive to create and promote through the implementations of different programs both curricular and non-curricular activities based on our Motto, Vision and Philosophy.
Your Future Starts Here.
‘NIHIL NISI MELIUS’
Port Moresby Campus
Modiki Drive, Gerehu Stage 2
NIP, Nusa Parade
8:00 AM – 4.30 PM
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 4.30 PM
Monday – Friday
Phone: 326 1822 / 326 2839
Phone: 984 2922 / 7959 5694